Why Persons Don’t Become Vaccinated and How to Convince Them to be Vaccinated
by Dwayne Phillips
Many persons want many other persons to become vaccinated. Their methods, however, are achieving the opposite.
“Become vaccinated,” is an oft-heard cry. (Actually, I read “get vaccinated” which brings cringes of pain to those of us who know the meaning of words.)
And there are many who do not get the vaccine shots. Why? Because of the methods used by the vaccine proponents.
The biggest reason persons don’t receive the vaccine is because of the methods used by vaccine proponents.
First, I read this morning of those who won’t become vaccinated as engaging in “jackassery” behavior (is that a real word?). If you stand up and say, “Those who won’t become vaccinated are idiotic jackasses,” you have just pushed the unvaccinated farther away. Call someone a bad name, they won’t like you, they won’t do as you ask.
Second, have a politician tell people to become vaccinated. Even the most popular politicians have been endorsed by about 40% of the adult population. The other 60% really don’t like that politician, so they won’t do what the politician encourages.
Next, (I lost track of the count), put up a sign that says “Vaccinated Only.” This is worse than the first reason. The sign might as well say, “I hate you.” It only pushes persons farther away.
Next, say, “Follow the science.” That is a very bad idea when speaking to someone with a scientific background. The “science” stated in the media is laughable.
I could go on. Let’s try something else instead.
Sit down with a person. Have a cup of coffee (or something like that). Listen. The shouting usually stops. The blood pressure usually drops. I don’t see as many veins about to burst on foreheads. The pounding on the table usually stops.
I have heard many reasons why persons don’t become vaccinated. Some are economic (a long story, but it makes sense in some cases). Some are religious. Some are historical. Some are medical. Some are very scientific, logical, and rational. The list of good, irrefutable reasons goes on and on.
Still, sit down over a cup of coffee and listen. If you don’t want to do that, at least avoid the examples given earlier of how to drive a person farther away from the vaccine.
Life isn’t as simple as be vaccinated or don’t be vaccinated. Sorry. Such is the human existence.